Friday, December 21, 2012

This weekend - I'm going Leinster and Connacht!


Well it’s nearly Christmas, but still a fair amount of rugby to cram in the next few weeks. Leinster kick things off tonight with a daunting trip to Ulster. I might be wrong – but after the start of the Pro 12,  the Autumn internationals and two defeats in a row to Clermont – I’m sure all they want to do is go on the tear and forget about rugby for a couple of weeks. And now they have to travel to Ravenhill, to face an awesome Ulster side, unbeaten in the PRO 12 (until now!). Leinster have big time injuries, Sexton is rested, while Ulster are short at lock and will miss Tommy Bowe. Interesting game, Ulster are not very confident either after losing to the Saints, but both will want to bounce back quickly. I’m going with Leinster, as they’ll be more desperate for a win. I think!

ULSTER – J Payne; A Trimble, D Cave, L Marshall, C Gilroy; P Jackson, R Pienaar; T Court, R Best, J Afoa; I Henderson, N McComb; R Diack, C Henry (capt) N Williams. Reps: R Herring, C Black, A Macklin, A O'Connor, R Wilson, P Marshall, P Wallace, A D'Arcy.
LEINSTER – N Reid; A Conway, B Macken, G D'Arcy, F McFadden; I Madigan, E Reddan; C Healy, S Cronin, M Bent; L Cullen (capt), D Toner; K McLaughlin, S O'Brien, J Heaslip. Reps: A Dundon, H van der Merwe, J Hagan, T Denton, R Ruddock, I Boss, A Goodman, A Byrne.

In the other domestic double header, Munster go to Connacht. Connacht have put in some awesome performances in the last few weeks, if they can beat Biarritz at home, they can beat Munster, and I’m going with Connacht!

Two against what most people think, let’s see how I do!
RaboDirect PRO12
Friday , December 21
Cardiff Blues vs Scarlets 
Ulster vs Leinster 
Glasgow vs Edinburgh 
Saturday , December 22
Zebre vs Benetton Treviso 14:00
Connacht vs Munster 17:15

1 comment:

  1. Brave calls, both of which I wanted to make, but couldn't. Hope you're right!

    ReplyDelete